It's time to celebrate two great nations and with Australia facing an unprecedented bushfire crisis and smoke spreading out and affecting our cousins in NZ, we feel the need to come together and support our community back home.
This promises to be another memorable evening, where we can not only have fun, but contribute to a worthy cause.
We have already sent out a 'Save the date'. This update now provides all the details.
- Entry fee: 150 CZK - but this includes one free raffle ticket worth 100 CZK
- Raffle: Raffle tickets will be on sale throughout the evening with all the proceeds going to Australian Wildlife. There will be a range of great prizes and the number of tickets is limited to 200, so you have a great chance of winning
- Food/Drinks: Will be available from the Downunder at standard pricing but with a percentage of the takings going to Australian Wildlife
- Live Music
- Auction: Some classic Aussie items will be up for grabs - with proceeds again going to charity
- Kiwis: The evening will be focused on Australia because of the bushfires, but we will not be forgetting to add a distinctive Kiwi aspect to the evening - so we won't feel left out.
We will be raising funds at this event for WIRES wildlife charity. This allows us to spread money across every state which are all experiencing out of control bushfires. Our unique native animals are particularly affected on Kangaroo Island in SA, NSW and Victoria. Injuries are severe and habitat lost, it will be a long road to recovery.
ABIE Event - Trade Opportunities in Australia and New Zealand
ABIE, together with the Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic is pleased to invite you to a business forum on 5 February
- 5:45pm – 6:00pm Registration of participants
- 6:00pm – 6:10pm Welcome speech by James Turnbull, Board Member, ABIE. This will include a short auction to raise money for the Wildlife victims of Australia's bushfires.
- 6:10pm – 6:30pm Business opportunities for Czech companies in Australia and New Zealand and information about the recent trade mission by Lukas Martin, Director International Relations, Confederation of Industry
- 6:30pm – 6:50pm Business mission participants share their experiences (Jakub Dytrych, UCEEB of Czech Technical University and Vojtech Helikar, CEITEC of Brno University of Technology)
- 6:50pm – 7:10pm Czech State approach to Asia Pacific and especially AU/NZ by Martina Rubeskova, Desk Officer for AU/NZ, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 7:10pm – 7:30pm Q&A
Language of proceedings: English
Join us afterward for networking and quality AU/NZ wines and finger food
Attendance is free, but registration is essential.
There will be opportunities throughout the evening to donate to support the current bushfires crisis in Australia.
Click here for the full invitation and registration link.
2019 CANZA Ball - Results and Thanks
Thank you to all of you who came along to another fantastic Ball.
Unfortunately, our photographer had to pull out at the last moment due to a family illness, so we do not have the usual fine selection of photos, however, there are a lot of crowd-sourced photos here on our facebook group. If you have more, please feel free to add them!.
We raised a total of 81,600 CZK for this year's charity partner SKP-HOPO. They tell us that this .will be a massive help to their shelter and will have a direct and positive impact on the families there.
Finally, a massive thanks to our sponsors and supporters without whom none of this would have been possible! Please return their support.
Welcome to the new Australian Ambassador
H.E. Mr Lloyd Brodrick
Ambassador-designate of Australia
Our new Ambassador, Lloyd Brodrick is a senior career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. He was most recently Assistant Secretary, Budget Branch. He has previously served overseas as Acting Deputy Head of Mission, Australian Embassy, Baghdad; Deputy Head of Mission, Australian Embassy, The Hague; and Counsellor, Australian Permanent Mission to the United Nations, Geneva.
Mr Brodrick holds an Executive Master of Public Administration and a Bachelor of Laws from the Australian National University; and a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) from Macquarie University.
We welcome Mr Brodrick and look forward to seeing him in Prague soon.
Outgoing Ambassador Paul Wojciechowski will be sadly missed and leaves big shoes for his replacement to fill.
Partnership with CNZBA
The CNZBA is dedicated to encouraging, promoting and supporting reciprocal trade, business and investment between New Zealand and the Czech Republic.
Since its establishment in December 2012, CNZBA has become officially recognized as a bilateral platform helping New Zealand and Czech Republic businesses and business oriented individuals expand their mutual business relations.
The CNZBA is a non-profit membership organisation fostering and protecting interests of its members and prospective members, who recruit from broad range of industries. Membership in the CZNBA is available to every company and individual involved or interested in undertaking trade, investment and/or any other form of legitimate business between New Zealand and the Czech Republic.
The CNZBA works independently, but maintains very good relations with the Czech and New Zealand government delegations and their trade & investment departments.
If you are a Czech business looking to expand into New Zealand (or Australia) or a NZ or Australian business that has recently arrived in town, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Partnership with Czech Cricket
CANZA is delighted to announce that it has formed a partnership with Czech Cricket (Českomoravský Kriketový Svaz). Cricket as a sport and outdoor activity is very popular in both Australia and New Zealand with the national men's and women's teams of both countries performing at the pinnacle of the international game. Through the partnership we will be working on two fronts:
1) to help inform Czech-based Aussies and Kiwis that their time in the Czech Republic does not have to be without cricket, with regular senior and junior tournaments being played
2) to help introduce local Czech people to the Australian and New Zealand pastime and our beloved sport, cricket.
Czech Cricket has been steadily expanding since its formation in Prague in 2000. Czech Cricket coordinates and support local international and Czech State schools towards participation in the Czech Cricket Winter, Spring and Summer tournaments, which have been showing fantastic growth since their introduction in 2012. The expansion of these tournaments alongside the introduction of an additional team in the men’s game and a major facilities development overhaul project mean that 2014 is set to be a fantastic year for cricket in the Czech Republic.
If you or any of your friends, colleagues or relatives are interested in learning more about cricket, please contact info@CzechCricket.cz or for upcoming events, please keep an eye on the Czech Cricket website here www.czechcricket.cz/.
Opportunity for business referrals from Austrade
The Australian government trade, investment and education promotion agency - Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) - would like to offer an opportunity to register Service Providers interested in co-operation with Australian companies. To register, please complete this online form: http://www.austrade.gov.au/About-Austrade/Contact-us/Referrals-Database-Registration. The registration is open to companies offering Legal services; Interpreters / Translators; Consultancy companies; Accountancy companies; Providers of other services to companies.
Once approved, the registered company will be listed in the database of potential services providers to Australian companies interested in doing business in Central Europe and/or those already operating in this region.